Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Lover Come Back #100daysofNYC

A top five best experience I've had in NYC! Last night I finally got out to Bryant Park for their HBO Summer Film Festival. They were showing Lover Come Back, 1961 starting Doris Day, Rock Hudson, and Tony Randall. I was excited to not only have my first experience of screening a movie outdoors, but also seeing this movie. If you've never seen it, it's a romantic comedy about two Madison Ave advertising agents that will do whatever it takes to get an account. (Side note: my TCM film buff, Jennifer Ranz, MD, told me Pillow Talk was their best together, but that this one was also really cute. It's next on this list, as she is the master of classic movies!)

The movie didn't start until sundown, which was 8:30, but the lawn opened up at 5pm. I got there at 4, with all intentions of just reading my book and then strolling onto the lawn later to throw out my blanket and sunbathe and read until dusk. WRONG! It was hilarious. I love to people watch, so I caught on to what was happening. At 5pm on the dot, a lady announced the grounds were open and people literally RAN to throw out their blankets! I mean, they had them out of their bags, shaken out, holding both corners ready to launch at five til! LOL I got a great spot though! I was ready! I ended up having a super sweet elderly man in front of me alone and just started chatting me up. It was absolutely amazing to hear some of the things he has done. Right before the film, they showed a Looney Tunes cartoon and I knew I was in my element :)

Before I launch into the photos, I just have to say next week is the last screening for this summer, but it's their 22nd year, so I know there will be more! Plan it! Do it! Monday nights, Bryant Park, next summer!! FREE! 

My awesome view!

My awesome view laid out in the grass!

The initial crowd behind me...

Merrie Melodies presents!

Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam

Movie begins!

Best view all night. I'm gonna miss these bright lights :)

No comments:

Post a Comment