Friday, August 22, 2014

New York State of Mind

Some folks like to get away,
Take a holiday from the neighborhood. 
Hop a flight to Miami Beach or to Hollywood. 
But I'm taking a Greyhound on the Hudson River Line...
I'm in a New York state of mind. 

I'm sitting here watching two men load all my things into a moving truck. This is my last morning in New York, my last morning in Brooklyn... my home for the past year. I'm starting to get emotional here...

Two days ago I got to spend the whole day with Sam and Colleen. Total girls day. Brunch, movie, and then dinner at Blue Smoke. Man, am I gonna miss that place! Some of the greatest people I've ever worked with. To all of you Blue Smokers who have taken the time to read this, I just want you to know how much I love you all and will miss you terribly. Y'all brighten my day. You are all so unique in your own way and hold special places in my heart. I'm speaking to you as a group because in my emotional stupor I'm afraid I will forget someone and will never live it down :) Thanks for the send off! Happy trails to you!


Yesterday, I got to get pampered one last time before I head south by the beautiful and talented Christine, who has given me a new love for my hair, as she has made it it's best :)

Today, I mourn. LOL Just kidding! Yes, it will be a sad day, but it must be a good day, as it's my last in the city. I'm getting to spend it with some of my absolute favorite people who have been there for me, shaped me, and made fun of me (tuesdee and the-A-ter). I'll make sure to call every now and then just so y'all won't forget my twang ;) 

We are headed to the plaza for a drink to celebrate classic New York, and then off to Freeman's on the Lower East Side for my last supper. 

New York, bless me with your beauty one last day!

(Manhattan Bridge and Empire State Building, May 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment